What Challenges Can Downsizing Present?
A large part of the stress of downsizing can be attributed to the sale of your old home in alignment with the purchase of your new one. Many people feel pressured to sell their homes as quickly as possible, causing them to end up settling for less or giving up on the idea entirely.
If you are in a situation where you are “asset-rich” but “cash-poor”, a bridging loan can make a huge difference to your situation and can take additional pressure off selling your home.
How Can a Bridging Loan Help Me Downsize?
If you make the decision to downsize, Affirmative can help. A downsizing bridging loan can help with…
- Getting funding without any lengthy processes
- Having access to money quickly, before the sale of your larger property
- Reducing the risk of you losing out on securing your new property
What Is a Downsizing Loan?
A downsizing loan provides you with fast short-term finance to assist you moving into a new property. With a typical downsizing loan…
- You can borrow anything between £10,000 and £3 million
- There is no age restriction
- The loan is secured against an existing property, one being purchased or even both
- There is no upfront application fee
- 100% of purchase price plus fees and SDLT with requisite security
Why choose Affirmative?
We are a Member of UK Finance, and we are also regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our customers use bridging loans to finance a variety of property projects – view our case studies for more information.
Whatever obstacles you face when downsizing, we can help you move forward with a bridging loan.
If your loan is regulated we can deal with your application. It must be submitted through an FCA regulated intermediary. Contact us for more information.